Developed by Hi-Tech Testing, the Inventory Calculation Organizational Network (ICON) provides our clients a
mechanical integrated database for reviewing and maintaining inspection data. ICON provides the tools to
organize your piping, tanks, vessels, and other equipment into a manageable program.
OSHA Regulation 1910.119 (j) Process Safety Management (PSM) or RMP-2 processing facilities, requires
inspection of all equipment used to process hazardous chemicals and must be included in a mechanical integrity
program. Hi-Tech fulfills that requirement by performing inspections based on specific industry codes and
As inspections are performed by API certified inspectors, data is acquired and appropriate NDE examinations are
performed. This information is entered into ICON by Hi-Tech Testing personnel. Calculations and inspection
results are evaluated by the API inspector and reports are produced. Hard copy reports can be printed and
bound, or electronic reports can be loaded onto a compact disc for easy access and minimal storage.
- Operates with Windows 2000, XP, and Vista
- Functions via network if required
- User level access permitted by password
- Accrue design, historical, and current inspection data
- Inventory and maintain equipment : pressure vessels, piping, storage tanks, pumps, valves, etc.
- Organize equipment as desired : by category, location, area, P&ID page, plant drawing, etc.
- Perform code calculations as per API-510, API-570, API-653, ASME B31.3, ASME B31. 8, and ASME B31. 4
- Calculate minimum required thickness, short and long term corrosion rates, (MAWP for piping), remaining life,
and next inspection dates
- Perform internal pressure and external pressure (vacuum) calculations
- Compare current inspection data to any previous inspection on same page
- Annual inspection cost planning based on inspection due requirements
- Maintenance repair costs may be planned based on inspection results and the API inspector’s recommendations
- View AutoCAD® drawings of each entity without AutoCAD® software
- Create written documents in the built-in word processor
- Generate documents for required forms including visual inspection checklists
- Store unlimited pictures for each entity
- Attach PDF files, drawings, or other documents